Are you looking to:
Validate your market opportunity and product/market fit
Explore commercial opportunities in Alberta and/or Canada
Raise new or additional outside capital with a compelling pitch and proposition
Amplify your venture’s social impact and deliver strong financial results to your shareholders
Engage with a like-minded expert network of founders, mentors, coaches and investors from across North America and beyond
If you answered yes to any of the above, then we want to hear from you!
- You are an early stage, technology startup, <5 years old, <$5M in external funding, and your founder(s) are working full time for the company
- You have a product in market and/or in use in pilot or production environments. (note, companies with revenues will get higher preference)
- You are building a solution that helps promote Community Safety & Wellness.
- Please consult the 17 UN Social Development Goals – if you can identify an outcome of your solution that contributes to the goals of this international framework – then you will most likely be a fit within our thematic criteria. Please note that not all UN SDG’s are applicable – examples of areas that are not a fit for our program include: Affordable Clean Energy.
- You are able to attend virtually in an Alberta (UTC-6) time zone,
- You are able to physically travel to Alberta for a 1-week period.**
*these are guidelines only – exceptions can and will be made for exceptional candidate startups, so if in doubt, we encourage you to apply! If you have any questions about application criteria, please email us at email@example.com
**Travel subsidies may be available.
We support and take measures to ensure fair enrollment practice’s and treatment of applicants across our program. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including Women, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Members of Visible Minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas were we can be more diverse. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org